Custom Deep Seat Cushions for Outdoor Furniture
Deep-seated furniture is the ultimate in luxurious comfort. The spacious seats allow you to lie back and settle in, while plush, pillowy upholstery keeps you supported and upright. With the right set of custom cushions, it can even feel like your own personal throne. In association with top brands (coming soon!).
Choosing the Right Cushions for Your Home
Creating a stylish space with comfortable furniture means making the effort to choose the very best pieces for the job. Whether you’re working on a patio set, chaise lounge or hallway bench, there are a few key features you should look for in a good set of deep seat cushions.
When you invest in a set of custom deep seat outdoor cushions, they should be made to last. Even with heavy regular use, a good cushion made with outdoor performance fabrics stays functional and beautiful for a long time. Strong, synthetic materials resist all kinds of wear and tear, whether it’s inside the house or out on the front porch. This means less worrying about kids and pets climbing onto the furniture, too.
Another extremely important feature for any outdoor deep seat cushion is the ability to resist stains. Cushions should be made with high-performance materials like vinyl or solution-dyed acrylic fabric, which can’t be penetrated and discolored by things like dirt or food spills. It’s also helpful for cushion fabrics to be treated with specialized coatings that add extra stain protection.
Stain resistance is important both for outdoor and indoor use. No matter where you’re sitting, your furniture should be able to face everything from grass stains to uncapped markers.
Wet cushions are more than just uncomfortable, they can also mean potential damage to the fill material. This is why it’s important for your deep seat cushions to be water resistant or waterproof.
A water-resistant fabric is one that repels most water (like rain and small spills), but might still become soaked through when submerged or left in a heavy downpour. A waterproof fabric, on the other hand, is one that completely prevents any moisture from soaking through to the fill material. Both fabric choices are great for indoor and outdoor use, but waterproof is ideal for things like pool deck or boat furniture.
Resistance to Mold and Mildew
Water resistance helps to prevent the formation of mold and mildew, but it’s also a good idea to look for cushions treated with antimicrobial coatings. This gives cushions even more protection from these unsightly, potentially damaging growths.
Colorfastness and UV Resistance
Some materials, like those made from dyed natural fiber, tend to fade more quickly than others. Whether your furniture will be sitting in the backyard sun or next to a bedroom window, it’s important that the seat and back cushions stay vibrant for as long as possible.
Synthetic fabrics like solution-dyed acrylic actually incorporate the color into the material itself, which means it can’t just be bleached out or separated from the fiber. Coatings can also be added to increase resistance to UV rays, further preventing fading or damage from sun exposure.
Easy cleaning is a must, especially for outdoor furniture. When your cushions get splashed with mud, splattered with food or “christened” by the birds, you should be able to wash them without using harsh cleaners or worrying about damage. Custom outdoor cushions made with heavy-duty fabrics can be easily wiped and washed without stressing the materials.
Why Cush Living Is the Best Choice for Custom Outdoor Cushions
When it comes to ordering deep seat cushions for patio furniture, the quality of the company is just as important as the quality of the product itself. Here are just a few of the many reasons Cush Living is the perfect custom cushion source.
- We use high-quality materials. All Cush Living cushions are made from resilient performance fabrics with all the necessary features: durability, stain resistance, colorfastness, etc.
- We balance luxury with affordability. No matter what your taste or budget, we create lavish-looking designs that won’t leave your wallet empty.
- Our cushions are made domestically to meticulous standards. We’re not just headquartered in Dallas, TX, we also do all of our manufacturing here. Every custom cushion is made in-house in the USA.
- Our dedicated team works directly with you to create exactly what you want. At Cush Living, we don’t just ask you to pick from lists of colors and patterns. Our designers turn your ideas into a variety of thoughtful options, listening to your feedback throughout.
Our Custom Design and Manufacturing Process
At Cush Living, it’s our mission to make the custom furniture cushion design process as easy and enjoyable as possible. From start to finish, we’re focused on helping you imagine and realize your ideal furniture.
Here’s how it works:
- First, you share your vision with us. Simply provide some initial information about the look you’re trying to create, how you plan to use your furniture, and any other thoughts you might have about your custom cushions.
- Next, we’ll present some design options. Our talented team will use your information to develop stylish mood boards, throw pillow suggestions and other concept pieces to share our ideas with you.
- When you’re ready, we’ll move forward with manufacturing. Once we’ve found the best design plan for you, we’ll get the ball rolling on bringing it to life here in our Dallas manufacturing plant.
- Throughout the process, we’ll provide support as needed. We’ll keep you up to date on how things are going, answer any questions you may have and guide you along the way.
Frequently Asked Questions
Want to know more about our custom deep seat cushions for outdoor furniture? Take a look at our answers to some frequently asked questions, or contact us for more information.
What is an outdoor performance fabric?
Outdoor performance fabrics are special, heavy-duty materials designed to withstand the elements. They’re usually woven from synthetic fibers with properties that make them naturally resistant to things like moisture, fading, and tearing. Although they’re especially good for outdoor furniture, these comfortable, resilient fabrics are also popular for indoor use.
How do I safely clean my custom cushions?
Because we use quality outdoor fabrics to craft our custom products, they’re very easy to clean and maintain. First, wipe off any spills and brush away any dried debris with a soft-bristled brush. Next, scrub the cushions with a mild solution of soap and water. Rinse thoroughly, then let your cushions dry fully in a clean area before storing or using them again.
Although the fabrics we use are tough, you should never use any harsh cleaners or chemicals on your cushions. It’s also always a good idea to double check the instructions on your cushions’ tags before cleaning, in case the materials require any other special care.
What if there’s an issue with my custom order?
Custom cushion orders are non-refundable and non-returnable, but we always want you to be satisfied. If you experience any problems that fall under a warranty, let us know. We’ll arrange to have it fixed or provide outdoor deep cushion replacements as necessary.
Can I use my outdoor cushions indoors?
Yes! All of the features that make for good outdoor cushions are also beneficial indoors. If you’re worried about muddy dog paws and toddler spills, cushions made with outdoor performance fabrics easily outperform typical indoor-only materials.
Our deep seat outdoor couch cushions aren’t stiff or uncomfortable like the ones you’ll find on some department store shelves. We always use soft, high-quality fabrics that feel just as supple and comfortable against the skin as natural fibers.